Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mierda and Ryan


The following is an e-mail I just received from Ryan in Mazatlan.  I think it will give a pretty good picture of what our lives might be like in the next month!  Enjoy….

"All is good. My head is a little clearer after a quick surf and a good American breakfast. I fixed our macerator and deck wash today. You didn't know they were broken, you say. Well neither did I until I found our holding tank full of ten gallons of mierda!  Not a big deal (you're thinking); just have the yard pump it out.  Good idea, but the yards pump is out of commission. So after a day looking for a solution I decided to... well, pump the MIERDA out myself.  Second problem, the Macerator does not work.  No problem, I traced the wiring and used the new tools we bought.  Walla, FIXED.  Next I borrowed a bucket.  The poor sap will never know what I used it for! Now how do I pump mierda into a bucket on the ground 10 feet below? Well, why not just flip the switch and see what happens?  I soon found I needed a hose and a lot of duct tape.  After getting MIERDA everywhere, I got the process down. Three wet and splattered buckets later the mierda was done. 


A quick shower and off to dinner.



I also fixed the mast plate, (which held the remains of an old birds nest) lubed a ton of hardware, started on the wind genie, and cut off an old lock on the lazeret. Tomorrow after a quick morning surf I will continue to trace and label systems. I will also hook up the broken plumbing to the galley sink."



Isn't my man the best?  I'm sure glad he was able to take care of that problem before I get down to the boat. :-)

1 comment: